Thoracic and Vascular Surgery Center
Vascular health issues can present in many different ways. Patients report leg pain or discomfort, toe and foot pain during the night, bluish extremities, or wounds that won’t heal after proper treatment. The symptoms vary from patient to patient.
Vascular care includes both surgical and non-surgical care of blood vessel problems. Our expertise includes:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Hemodialysis Access
- Non-Healing Leg Sores/Ulcers
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Veins
- Sclerotherapy Treatment
- Varicose Veins
Thoracic surgeons are specialists trained to accurately diagnose and treat patients with thoracic disease of the chest, including both noninvasive treatments and, when necessary, surgical procedures.
Thoracic care includes surgical, non-surgical and minimally invasive care of non-cardiac chest diseases. Our expertise includes:
- Anterior Spine Exposure
- Cancers of Lung and Esophagus
- Endo-Bronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Lung Nodules
- Pericardial and Pleural Effusions
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopy (VATs)
Our providers keep office hours at three locations, and offer treatment plans to help your individual thoracic and vascular needs. Feel free to call our friendly staff for more information. We look forward to your call.
Read more about Thoracic and Vascular Care available through Clark Memorial Hospital.
Our Medical Staff
James M. Van Daalen, MD
Dr. James M. Van Daalen is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. He has been caring for patients in the Kentuckiana area for more than 20 years in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Dr. Van Daalen received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Chicago School of Medicine, as well as completing residencies in General Surgery and Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Matthew Hennig, MD
Dr. Matthew E. Hennig, thoracic and vascular surgeon, joined the practice on October 1, 2013. He has earned his Medical Degree from Texas Tech University and Bachelor of Science Degree from Texas A&M University. Dr. Hennig completed his residency in Surgery at Indiana University and his cardiothoracic residencies at Hershey Medical Center and Rush University.
Marla A. Beeler, MSN, FNP, APRN
Marla received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Indiana University Southeast and graduated Cum Laude with her Masters’ Degree from Bellarmine University. She is Board Certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society. Marla has an extensive background in cardiovascular disease management and more than 10 years nursing experience.
Clark Physician Group
- Clark Memorial Hospital
- Clark Physician Group
- Cardiology Center of Southern Indiana
- Charlestown Medical Center
- East Jeffersonville Medical Center
- Endocrinology Center of Southern Indiana
- Havens Medical Group
- Jeffersonville Pediatrics
- Just for Women Health Solutions
- Neurology and Sleep Center of Southern Indiana
- Orthopedic Surgeons of Southern Indiana
- Pain Center of Southern Indiana
- Spring Hill Internal Medicine
- Surgical Associates Southern Indiana
- Thoracic and Vascular Surgery Center