Child Safety Day offers family fun and safety education
August 9, 2017
Join Clark Memorial for the hospital’s second annual Child Safety Day on Saturday, August 19 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Vendor booths will be located in the hospital’s main lobby. There will be fun family activities located at the hospital entrance including carnival games, a tricycle obstacle course, and lots of kid prizes. Jeffersonville police officers, fire department and EMS personnel will be onsite to answer safety questions.
Attendees have a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards by participating in a Scavenger Hunt or by registering at the main lobby desk. Details of the Scavenger Hunt will be given upon registration. In addition, all registered children will receive a free bike helmet distributed the day of the event. Limit 2 per family. Also, if you pre-register at clarkmemorial.org your registration will be placed in a drawing for a $50 Target gift certificate.
Vendors and activities include:
- Child Seat Safety checks will be offered from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Home Depot Children’s Work Shop building station
- Clark County REMC discuss electrical safety
- Purdue Extension Clark County will offer information on 4H Club and healthy eating and nutrition
- John the Balloon Guy offering face painting and balloon art
- Area pediatricians
- Vision screenings for school age children provided by VisionWorks*
- Hearing screenings for school age children provided by Advanced ENT & Allergy*
- McAllister Chiropractic will offer spinal screenings*
- Clarksville Spine & Rehabilitation will offer scoliosis screenings* and backpack safety tips
- New York Life will offer fingerprinting and photo IDs
- Photo booth
- Haynes Martial Arts Academy
- Park Community Credit Union savings and college fund programs and their mascot Parkie
- Indiana American Water safety and conservation programs and their mascot
- Free ice cream cups for children (first come, first served)
*All screenings are free.
For more information, contact Alicia Rousseau, community outreach manager at (812) 283-2101.