Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Clark Memorial Health is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to work closely with the Clark County Health Department and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our hospital is prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond should anyone in our community contract or be exposed to the novel coronavirus (COVID–19). Additionally, we are reviewing our facility’s robust emergency operations plan and proactively completing a number of preparation checklists out of an abundance of caution.
While we have not evaluated or treated any patients with this virus at our hospital to date. Clark Memorial Health has taken the following measures to prepare, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Patients in the Emergency Department and inpatient units are screened based on their recent travel history.
- Personal protective equipment is available, including face masks and eye protection, for example.
- Hand hygiene products are easily accessible throughout the facility.
Importantly, all of the above are standard operating protocols that are in place year-round to help ensure the health and well-being of everyone who enters our hospital.
We want to assure our community that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of viruses and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. For more information, text HEALTHINFO to 888-777 for up-to-date information. You may also visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
We urge you to take an active role in prevention of all contagious diseases, including influenza. Actions everyone can take include, but are not limited to, vaccination, good hygiene practices, covering coughs and sneezes, and staying home when ill.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019
- Clark County Health Department – www.clarkhealth.net/
- Indiana State Department of Health – www.in.gov/isdh/
- Indiana State Hospital Association – www.ihaconnect.org
- Floyd County Health Department - www.floydcounty.in.gov