Emergency ServicesCall 812.282.6631
When a health emergency arises, Clark Memorial Health is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Emergency Room is devoted to providing emergent care to our community and surrounding areas. It is our goal to provide exceptional care when you or your family needs it most. We are fully prepared and equipped to treat all types of patients 24/7.
Call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Clark Memorial Health - Emergency Services
Our LocationGet Directions
What to Expect in our ER
As a patient, you will be cared for by staff trained to respond to any type of medical emergency. Depending on the severity of your condition, our ER team will triage you to the next steps in your care. For less emergent conditions, you may be seen by an advanced practitioner as part of our FastER Track program.
We understand this can be a very stressful time. Therefore, we want to make it as easy as possible to communicate and guide you through your situation. You should always ask questions if you do not understand.
Visit the Emergency Room for:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing, moving or speaking
- Numbness in the face, arms or legs
- Other symptoms that may indicate stroke or heart attack
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that does not stop
- Automobile or industrial accident
- Broken bones
- Blacking out/Fainting
- Deep cuts or severe burns
- Head injuries
- Suicide attempts or thoughts
- Attack by animal
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Sudden, severe pain and swelling in a joint
- Major trauma or injury
- Severe reaction to a bug bite/sting
- Severe reaction to medication
- Unexplained sleepiness or confusion
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Clark Memorial is the only Accredited Chest Pain Center in southern Indiana. This national recognition from the American College of Cardiology demonstrates our commitment to providing the highest level of care to patients experiencing a heart attack. Most of our heart attack patients achieve opening of blocked arteries in fewer than 90 minutes, exceeding the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology gold standard for treatment.
We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best heart care treatment available. As an accredited facility, we use the newest methods and best practices in heart care to ensure that our patients receive:
- Right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack.
- Timely and accurate diagnoses to reduce the disruption to your life and get you back home as soon as possible.
- Help and communication to better understand how to respond to your heart emergencies.
- Improved quality of life after a heart episode
Recognize the symptoms
Two of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attacks and strokes. Timely treatment is crucial.