Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Nurse Residency Program
Say Hello to the next step in your career.
As a new graduate, the first few steps on the career ladder can seem big. That’s why many new grads opt for a Nurse Residency program – and why we offer such a program in Southern Indiana.
The Clark Memorial Health Nurse Residency includes a combination of clinical and classroom experience. It’s designed to help you transition from the classroom to an acute care setting, while also establishing your commitment to clinical excellence and patient-centered care.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the program, you must:
- Have graduated from an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Be a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana prior to employment
- Have fewer than 6 months of hospital-based experience as a Registered Nurse
- Be certified through the American Heart Association to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
What to expect as a Nurse Resident
Participation in our Nurse Residency Program requires a commitment to the program for 14 weeks as a full-time associate, as well as a 2-year service commitment to Clark Memorial.
During the program, Nurse Residents:
- Work 32 hours per week alongside a preceptor
- Regularly attend and actively participate in one professional development class per week
- Demonstrate what they’ve learned through assignments and evaluations
How to get started
To apply, please send resume to Judy Brohm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, career advancement.
To find out more about our new grad Nurse Residency, call (812) 283-2849.