Clark Memorial Health Celebrates Completion of $5.7 Million in Emergency Room Renovations
September 24, 2019
Jeffersonville, Indiana (September 24, 2019) – Construction on the newly expanded Clark Memorial Health Emergency Room is now complete, marking the end of a 24-month, $5.7 million project to enhance access for patients and improve emergency care for residents across Southern Indiana for years to come. Today, the health system, joined by key community leaders, ceremoniously cut the ribbon on the renovated facility, and offered tours of the new space.
“As we cut the ribbon on this newly renovated and expanded facility today, we are excited to be taking the next step in advancing our mission of Making Communities Healthier by improving access to much-needed emergency healthcare services in this area,” said Martin Padgett, chief executive officer of Clark Memorial Health. “In recent years, we have continued to see more and more patients come through our Emergency Department, and this new space will enable us to meet the growing needs of our community and provide an even higher level of care to those we serve in their greatest times of need.”
The renovations were completed in phases and did not cause any interruption in emergency care for the community. Made possible by a capital investment from LifePoint Health, of which Clark Memorial Health is a part, renovations included:
- A complete overhaul of the ER layout, allowing for a “fast track” concept to increase patient flow and reduce wait times
- Redesigned triage and treatment areas to increase privacy for all patients
- A centrally located clinical workstation, making it faster and easier for clinicians to move through the space and providing a clear view of all patient areas at all times
- Relocation of the waiting area and ambulance bay for easier transport of patients in and out of the ER and improved access for patients and staff
- New patient monitoring and nurse call systems, as well as a new HVAC unit and cosmetic upgrades.
“As a physician, it makes such a difference to be able to deliver care in a modern, spacious and comfortable environment to patients who need care quickly,” said Brian Porter, MD, physician for emergency services at Clark Memorial Health “Every detail that went into the design of the space – even where the equipment is placed in patient rooms – reflects our commitment to putting patients first and ensuring they have the best experience possible when in our hospital.”The Clark Memorial Health emergency room is located on the main hospital campus at 1220 Missouri Avenue in Jeffersonville, Indiana. For more information, visit ClarkMemorial.org.