Having chest pain & symptoms? Call 9-1-1 immediately!
Heart attacks have beginnings. These beginnings occur in more than 50% of patients. Most importantly, if recognized in time, these “beginnings” can be treated before the heart is damaged!
- Heart disease causes approximately 1 of 4 deaths in the United States.
- About 50% of sudden cardiac deaths occur outside a hospital. This suggests that many people don’t act on early warning signs.
- Survey results show that only 27% of the respondents were aware of all major symptoms and knew to call 9-1-1.
By sharing Early Heart Attack Education (EHAC), we can change these sobering statistics!
Vist these links to learn more about EHAC and Hands-only CPR:
Early signs and symptoms that can begin hours or days before a heart attack. It's possible to only experience a few of these symptoms that may come and go before becoming severe.
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, you owe it to yourself to get these symptoms checked out immediately at Clark Memorial Health.
Remember call 9-1-1 if you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency. Clark Memorial Health Emergency Services
Calling 9-1-1 is almost always the fastest way to get lifesaving treatment. EMS staff are trained to revive someone whose heart has stopped. It is best to call EMS for rapid transport to the emergency room.