Heart disease is America’s number one killer of both men and women in the U.S. In fact, according to the American Heart Association, one in four people die of heart disease every year. Those with heart disease often experience no obvious symptoms. In fact, in almost half of all cases, the very first symptom is a heart attack.
At Clark Memorial's Heart Center, we’re committed to the heart health of southern Indiana. We provide a continuum of care and services, from prevention and detection to treatment and recovery. In our state-of-the-art facility we provide advanced diagnostic, interventional and stabilization services.
The Heart Center features:
- Two cardiac catheterization laboratories for both diagnostics and therapeutic balloon angioplasty procedures.
- 12 private telemetry rooms for monitoring patients who have to stay overnight after their procedure.
- Immediate cardiac intervention upon arrival into the Emergency Department transporting the patient to one of our cardiac catheterization labs.
Heart care extends well beyond Clark's Heart Center.
- Clark Memorial Health is southern Indiana’s only Accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Chest Pain Center at Clark Memorial Health has received full Cycle II accreditation with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, commonly known as an angioplasty procedure) from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- The physicians work alongside our Heart Center staff to provide a broad spectrum of heart evaluations and diagnostic processes such as echocardiograms, cardiac stress tests, tilt table tests, cardiac catheterization and calcium scoring. They also perform advanced heart procedures such as coronary stents, angioplasty, and the installation of pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Clark Memorial has a Cardiac Rehabilitation Center to help patients recover from a heart condition or prevent a problem from occuring. Our Cardiac Rehab team offers a program of education, instruction and support for cardiopulmonary patients and their families. The Cardiac Rehab team can tailor a personalized exercise program that will help you live a healthier lifestyle. The Cardiac Rehab facility offers a quiet, relaxing environment with treadmills, recumbent bicycles, Airdyne bicycles, free weights and arm ergometers.
- Find a Provider
- Behavioral Health
- Bone Health Team
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education
- Endoscopy Suite
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
- Emergency Room
- Family Birth Place
- Healthy Screenings
- Heart Center
- Lactation Consultation
- Outpatient Imaging Center
- Sleep Center
- Smoking Cessation
- Thoracic & Vascular Care
- Urgent Care
- Vein Center
- Women’s Services
- Wound Care
- Outpatient Lab