The Sleep Center
Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, snoring and more: Sleep disorders prevent millions of Americans from getting a full night of restful, restorative sleep.
The inability to get a good night's sleep is often overlooked or attributed to stress, anxiety or other health conditions. But restful sleep is an essential part of good health, and sleep problems can have a serious impact on your quality of life.
The Sleep Center at Clark Memorial Health is here to help. Our first-class providers are involved in both patient care and treatment. Let us help you find the right solution to better your sleep. For more information and to find out if you are at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, click on Sleep Center.
What are the effects of sleep apnea?
If left untreated, sleep apnea can result in a growing number of health problems, including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure, irregular heartbeats, and heart attack
- Worsening of ADHD
- Daytime fatigue
You deserve a restful night's sleep. Contact your primary care provider to schedule a consultation. If you do not have a preferred provider, please contact us at 812.283.2960 and a team member will help you find the care you need.
The Sleep Center
207 Sparks Ave
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Sleep Tips from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Try going to bed only when you are drowsy.
- Maintain a regular wake-up time, even on weekends or days off.
- Use your bedroom only for sleep, sickness and sex.
- Avoid napping during the day.
- Avoid clock watching. Distract your mind by reading.
- Avoid caffeine within four to six hours of bedtime.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages within four to six hours of bedtime.
- Minimize light, noise and extremes in temperature in the bedroom.
- While a light snack before bedtime can promote sound sleep, avoid large meals.
- Avoid strenuous exercise within four hours of bedtime.
- Find a Provider
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Imaging Center
- Endoscopy Suite
- Family Birth Place
- Healthy Screenings
- Heart Center
- Lactation Consultation
- Providers - Primary Care
- Providers – Specialists
- Sleep Center
- Smoking Cessation
- Thoracic & Vascular Care
- Urgent Care - Sellersburg
- Vein Center
- Women’s Services
- Wound Care