At Clark Memorial Health, we are committed to partnering with patients, families, and caregivers throughout their healthcare experience. Patient- and family-centered care includes:
- Respect for patients' values, preferences, and needs
- Coordination of care
- Comfort and emotional support
- Information, communication, and education
- Involvement of family and friends
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Board?
One of the ways we partner with patients, family members, and caregivers is through Patient and Family Advisory Board (PFAB). A Patient and Family Advisory Board is a monthly meeting with both staff and volunteer members. Our volunteer patients and families collaborate with employees (clinical, administrative, and support) to provide guidance on how to improve the patient and family experience. At the monthly meetings, councils work on a variety of hospital and patient- and family-centered care initiatives.
What does a patient, family, or caregiver advisor do?
Patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback about the care they receive. The advisor should enjoy working with others and contributing their ideas, and be respectful of different perspectives.
During a PFAB meeting, a patient and family advisor might do the following:
- Share their healthcare experience with doctors, staff and other advisors.
- Participate in discussion groups. Advisors tell us what it is like to be a patient or family member of a patient and how we can improve the care, quality, safety, and service that we provide.
- Provide input from the patient and family perspective about hospital policies, care practices, and patient education materials.
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns.
Serve on subcommittees and workgroups to help bring the patient and family perspective to the table.
When do we meet?
The Patient and Family Advisory Board meets in the Conference Center on the Lower Level of Clark Memorial Health on the last Thursday of each month.
How Can I Join?
If you have ideas to help improve care for patients and their families and/or you or someone you love receives care at Clark Memorial Health, we invite you to join as a Patient and Family Advisory Board. Your voice matters to us and will help us improve the care we provide to all.
Complete the application above and return it to:
Clark Memorial Health
Attention: Quality Department
1220 Missouri Ave
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
For more information, call 812.285.5993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.